[wix-users] Custom Progress Dialog

Ven H venh.123 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 23:44:33 PST 2018

Thanks a lot for the response, Nir. When you say, "You can add to WiX SQL
scripts code to send ActionData messages with the name / id if the
scripts", you mean the SqlScript element, right? What I actually want is
the name of the Sql file referred in the SourceFile attribute of the Binary
element which in turn is referred in the SqlScript element as the BinaryKey
attribute. I even opened up the MSI in Orca. Unfortunately, this file name
is not stored in Binary table. This table is storing the content as Binary
data. Hence, even though, I am able to get the Id / Name of the SqlScript
element, I am not able to get the name of the actual file containing the
Sql statement. Even in the out of the box scenario, when an error occurs
for example, the installer shows a pop up, which only has the SqlScript Id
and the Sql statements, but not the Sql file name. Please let me know if I
am missing something.

Also, I have this property in my Product.wxs <Property Id="MSIFASTINSTALL"
Value="1"/>. Please let me know, if this property will impact this.

Regards,
Venkatesh