[wix-users] Change an already installed ExePackage to be permanent

Pablo Montilla pfmontilla at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 04:56:06 PST 2018

Hello, I've created a burn package and marked an ExePackage (Intel RSTe) as
not being Permanent. Now I'm updating the bundle and when installing the new
version, it tries to uninstall the previous bundle which in turn tries to
run SetupRSTe.exe without parameters (which basically hangs the whole
process).

Is there any way I can mark the previous bundle ExePackage as permanent so
my new bundle updates without trying to uninstall that package?

Thank you,

Pablo