[wix-users] Check if product is installed when using custom UI

Хакер Математики as at andrique.ru
Thu Jun 28 02:35:06 PDT 2018

Hello,

I am writing a MSI installer using WixSharp.

Standard behavior (when using built-in UI) is, when the same version
installed, to abort setup and display warning message. When I re-build
installer AND application, the installer with built-in UI does an upgrade.

Now I'm moving to a custom UI. However, even if the same version of
product is already installed, the installer still runs my custom UI. So
I have to somehow re-create or emulate standard check and display the
warning message I am so happy with.

How do I do such a check with custom UI?

BR,
Andrei Samoylov