[wix-users] util:CloseApplication from windows service

oleg kolomiytsev Kolomiytsev at bigmir.net
Fri Jun 8 04:48:53 PDT 2018

Hi all,
I am trying to close "Tray Application" during updating my application. Update is invoked from "Windows Service" in this way:

    <util:CloseApplication
      Id="CloseTrayAgent"
      Target="$(var.TrayAgentBinName).exe"
      RebootPrompt="no"
      CloseMessage="yes"
      Description="Tray application is still running"/>

    <InstallExecuteSequence>
      <Custom Action="WixCloseApplications" Before="RemoveFiles" />
    </InstallExecuteSequence>

That scenario works if update is invoked from "User" but it does not work if it is invoked from "Windows Service".
I checked msi log but it seems to me there is no errors.

Where is my mistake? Thanks.

--
Best regards, Kolomiytsev Oleg
phone: +38 (097) 175-92-44