[wix-users] Disk space

mrbass21 at gmail.com mrbass21 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 13:37:19 PDT 2018

Have you experienced a time where this was an issue?

Windows installer has actions that run (FileCost) inbetween the CostInitialize and CostFinalize actions which, if I understand it correctly, will estimate the size.

It is your responsibility in the UI (assuming you’re doing a non silent install) to check these conditions if you create your own custom UI. You can look in the wix3 source on github to see how they handle it.

Apologies if your question is more nuanced, I’m fairly new to WiX as well, so if you have further details, I’ll offer what (little) knowledge I have.

Note that those cost actions are part of the Windows Installer and not something something specific to the WiX toolset.

Thanks,

Jason

Sent from my iPhone