[wix-users] Referring a fragment contained in a wixlib

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 13:22:46 PDT 2018

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018, 02:43 Reuss, Matthias via wix-users <

> In addition, is there some linker setting (command-line or wixproj) that
> alklows me to track why the linker linked a certain fragment?

I expect this functionality doesn't exist today but it should be added.

Tracking explicit references using Ref tags can be done somewhat easily but
this is the kind of task that computers are really good at.

Also, there are implicit references that are harder to spot manually by
humans. I suspect there are fragments that depend on each other through
implicit references causing the undesired fragment to get linked. The
computer already knows this information. It should provide it so humans
don't have to scratch their heads for hours wondering how/why these
fragments are getting linked.

--
Edwin G. Castro