[wix-users] Executing custom exe at the end from a C# CA

Ven H venh.123 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 03:30:40 PDT 2018

I have to execute some exe files towards the end of installation. So, I
created deferred CA in C# to execute these. But these exe file don't seem
to be getting executed. To test it, I created a sample exe in Console App
thru which I am creating a text file and adding some contents to it upon
execution. When I try to invoke this exe from my C# CA using
Diagnostics.Process.Start, though it seems to be running, it is actually
not since it is not able to create the text file. Has anyone faced this
issue? I tried with Impersonate=no and even without this attribute, but no
luck. I also tried with Execute="deferred" and Execute="commit", but
nothing seems to be working. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Has
anyone faced this? I also need to be able to execute it without popping a
console window. Please help.