[wix-users] Order for feature Installation

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 10:23:50 PDT 2018

From
http://lists.wixtoolset.org/pipermail/wix-users-wixtoolset.org/2018-June/007147.html

> You don't upgrade features. You upgrade products. You can select features
> to be installed. You can also specified which features you want to not be
> installed.
>
> If you need to install 2 features and later you want to upgrade a single
> feature, then you need separate your features into separate products that
> can be upgraded separately.

When Jacob and Rob suggest two MSIs, they are suggesting the same thing I
did above. Separate your App and DB features into separate Products (MSIs)
then you can upgrade them individually and can orchestrate the order of
installs and upgrades as required.

--
Edwin G. Castro

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 10:04 AM, Rob Mensching via wix-users <