[wix-users] Burn engine hangs when run silently

dylanalpiger dylanalpiger at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 12 06:11:39 PDT 2018

Edwin -
I am using Wix 3.11 working on Windows 7 and 10 systems. While this certainly sounds like the symptoms I'm seeing, my version of Wix is certainly not an older one.

I'll keep digging through my BA. I feel like everything is in order, but I very well could have missed something. I know the Engine.Quit(0) method is being called - may I ask what exactly this shuts down? It looks to be adding the WM_BURN_QUIT message in the queue successfully - what quit messages would be expected to be posted after that? I would think that would be the end-all for any message pumps.