[wix-users] Removing .pdb From Heat Output

R ryee at pronktech.com
Wed Jul 11 16:56:37 PDT 2018

I'm trying to make an .xslt file to remove the .pdb files from my
Heat-generated file. Right now, I believe I need to use

<xsl:key name="exe-search" match="wix:Component[substring(wix:File/@Source,
string-length(wix:File/@Source) - string-length('.exe') +1)='.exe']"
use="@Id"/>

as described in the following issue

https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/5609 .

However, I am new to both Wix and XSLT, so I wasn't sure what to add later
in the file to cause the removal. I have replaced "exe" above with "pdb",
but I can't figure out what to do from there.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi"
  xmlns:wix="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi"

  <!-- Recursive copy of everything to allow for editing of any node. -->
    <xsl:template match="@* | node()">
        <xsl:copy>
            <!--<xsl:apply-templates select="//wix:Component[@Id='*.pdb']"
/>-->
        </xsl:copy>
    </xsl:template>

<!--Remove debug files. -->
<xsl:key name="pdb-search" match="wix:Component[substring(wix:File/@Source,
string-length(wix:File/@Source) - string-length('.pdb') + 1)='.pdb']"
use="@Id"/>

<!-- WHAT DO I PUT HERE? Or is it supposed to be in the above template
match? -->

</xsl:stylesheet>

Sorry, if it's a silly question. I've never written an installer before, so
I'd really appreciate your help. Thank you!