[wix-users] Bundled bundle

Parkes, Kevin kevin.parkes at wacom.com
Wed Jul 11 07:08:25 PDT 2018

I have a bundle A which includes (as an ExePackage) bundle B and the behaviour on uninstall isn't what I'd anticipated.

I find that uninstalling A doesn't uninstall B – is that usual? (And, if so, why?). The uninstall log for A shows "Detected package" for B to be "state: Absent"

Further, a customer has reported if they uninstall A then uninstall B they sometimes get a prompt for the source folder for B. The prompt appears to be asking for the (now removed) copy of B cached by A. (I have been unable to reproduce this.)