[wix-users] Costing for Database

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Tue Jul 10 10:46:06 PDT 2018

http://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/xsd/wix/reservecost.html

From: wix-users <wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org> On Behalf Of Ven H via wix-users
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 9:34 AM
To: WiX Toolset Users Mailing List <wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org>
Cc: Ven H <venh.123 at gmail.com>
Subject: [wix-users] Costing for Database

I am installing database and its objects through MSI by executing sql scripts using SqlScript elements (for database also). I am capturing the path for creating the data and log files for the databases. Since this happens at runtime, the costing doesn't seem to be working, probably because, the data files and log files are not created yet. How to do costing for database execution? Should it be done via custom action or something? If so, how? Please advise.