[wix-users] Preserve registry values on Major Upgrade

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Mon Jul 2 08:32:40 PDT 2018

Property drive the values, and use RegistrySearch's to give them the user customized values or a logical default.

Another option, if this is a per machine install, would be to directly control the defaults in HKLM, and have the app be aware of the default location but have the HKCU be written and controlled by the app.