[wix-users] WixVariable in a separate wxs

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 10:20:55 PST 2018

The code sample really depends on what you have in the Fragment(s)
containing WixUIBannerBmp and WixUIDialogBmp. Remember that when you
reference anything inside a Fragment you get everything in that Fragment.
So if I don't have anything I can reference, then I create an arbitrary
Property used just for referencing.

<Fragment>
    <!-- Contains other stuff like WixUIBannerBmp and/or WixUIDialogBmp -->
    <Property Id="DoesNotMatterButWillShowUpInPropertyTable"
Value="DoesNotMatter"/>
</Fragment>

Then in another <Fragment> or <Product> I simply reference the Property:

<Product ...>
    <!-- other stuff that goes in Product -->
    <PropertyRef Id="DoesNotMatterButWillShowUpInPropertyTable"/>
</Product>

I choose an Id that has some meaning for me but isn't too esoteric. I
usually just set Value="1".

--
Edwin G. Castro