[wix-users] Logging messages without formatting in DTF

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Tue Jan 23 20:51:54 PST 2018

...or you could implement the function yourself and contribute it to the WiX Toolset: http://wixtoolset.org/development/

From: wix-users [mailto:wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org] On Behalf Of Edwin Castro via wix-users
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 11:36 AM
To: WiX Toolset Users Mailing List <wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org>
Cc: Edwin Castro <egcastr at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [wix-users] Logging messages without formatting in DTF

I don't use DTF. I use the native dutil/wcautil WiX libraries to help me write custom actions and I have to make the replacements myself... :-(

Perhaps it would be a nice feature request for WiX to provide native and managed APIs that allow us to LogUnformatted. At least then the implementation for escaping square brackets is contained in one project...

--
Edwin G. Castro