[wix-users] BurnBootStrapper is not detecting already installed chain item

Douglas, Keith (STATCAN) keith.douglas at canada.ca
Mon Jan 22 09:45:15 PST 2018

For example, we do that (the bundle and the packages within) for one product because we do our "initial" and "baselining" installs via bundles but upgrade via MSI (package) because in this case we have machines on unreliable or slow networks (POTS modem dialup in some cases).

Our users don't perform the upgrades (it happens automatically for them) so the ARP entries are for our support techs only, and they are briefed on how this all works.

Keith Douglas

Programmer Analyst, Information Technology Operations Divison
Statistics Canada / Government of Canada
keith.douglas at canada.ca / 613-854-5589

Programmeur Analyste, Division des opérations des technologies de l'information
Statistiques Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
keith.douglas at canada.ca / 613-854-5589