[wix-users] WiX installer does not overwrite Visual Studio Setup application

Suhaib Ahmad a.suhaib.47 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 20:19:12 PST 2018

Hi,

I have written a WiX installer for my application which was previously done
by someone else using the Visual Studio Setup project. I am facing a major
issue where the wix installer installs the application but does not
overwrite the one installed using the setup installer. So there are two
same applications installed in the end.

I need to fix this asap but I do not how how to go about this. Is there any
way I can check if the application is installed, uninstall it and then
install using the Wix installer. If not and in the worst case, I would be
fine if I can at least display a message to manually uninstall the previous
application before proceeding with the wix one.

Thanks a lot