[wix-users] On uninstall , trying to install .NET Framework

Harinatha Narisetty harinatha.narisetty at us.abb.com
Tue Jan 9 07:50:47 PST 2018

Hello,
Our product needs .NET framework  4.6.2 to run. So In my bootstrapper I am referring to <PackageGroupRef Id='NetFx462Redist' /> (from  WixNetFxExtension). Everything is working fine as expected.,
Now, This is what One user did and the setup is trying to install .net 4.6.2

1.      Install our application setup, which installs .net fx 4.6.2 and our product

2.     Now, uninstall .net fx 4.6.2 from control panel

3.     And then uninstall our application setup

a.     This step is trigging .net framework installation.

How do I avoid this ?

Thanks
Hari