[wix-users] Change component directory on upgrade

Parkes, Kevin kevin.parkes at wacom.com
Mon Jan 8 08:10:56 PST 2018

I would like, as part of a major upgrade, to install a new version of a file to a different directory to the previous version. I've found that if I just change the directory, the new version gets installed in the new folder but the old version is left in the old location. I originally had Schedule="afterInstallInitialize" but have also tried Schedule="afterInstallValidate".  I thought a major upgrade (with either of those values of Schedule) was supposed to remove the existing version before installing the new one.

What should I be doing to have the old version removed?