[wix-users] ManagedPipeline property of Application Pool in IIS getting reset during Major Upgrade

Ven H venh.123 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 08:12:16 PST 2018

I am creating an Application Pool through MSI. The Application Pool has Id,
Name and some advanced properties set like CpuLimit, MaxWorkerProcesses and
so on, but I am not setting the values for the basic settings like
ManagedPipeline or ManagedRuntimeVersion. When the application pool gets
created, the properties are set as expected. Once the application pool is
created, I also manually set some other properties also, including
ManagedPipeline. The default for the ManagedPipeline is Classic and I
changed it to Integrated.

In my Upgrade MSI, I am setting some other properties on the App Pool. When
the Upgrade MSI runs, it updates the other properties as expected, retains
the changes done manually. So far so good. But, the ManagedPipeline
property is getting reset to Classic, though I had set it to Integrated
manually after installation, even though other manually updated settings
are retained. Can anyone please help me fix this?

Regards,
Venkatesh