[wix-users] Windows Service Install and start - error

Harinatha Narisetty harinatha.narisetty at us.abb.com
Thu Jan 4 07:48:04 PST 2018

Hi,
We  have  few windows services installed and started as part of setup. We collect the credentials for service in bootstrapper screens.  When user enters invalid credentials, the setup fails to start the service and roll backs the entire installation.  How do we suppress this error and simply install and ignore the service start error?

Here is my service script.

        <ServiceInstall Id="AutomationServiceInstall" Name="ABBAutomationService-$(var.PlainVersionNumber)" DisplayName="ABB Enterprise Software $(var.DisplayVersion) Automation Service" Description="Executes scheduled activities based on configured schedule information." Start="demand" Interactive="no" Type="ownProcess" Vital="no" ErrorControl="ignore" Account="[SERVICE_ACCOUNT_NAME]" Password="[SERVICE_ACCOUNT_PASSWORD]" >      </ServiceInstall>
        <ServiceControl Id="AutomationServiceControl" Name="ABBAutomationService-$(var.PlainVersionNumber)" Stop="both" Remove="uninstall" Wait="yes" />

Thanks
Hari