[wix-users] ExecuteOnInstall and RollbackOnUninstall attributes on SqlScript

Ven H venh.123 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 21:12:42 PST 2018

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation Edwin. Currently, I am just
trying out a very simple scenario wherein I have an SQL script which just
creates a sample table called Employees with ID and Name columns, which I
am adding into an existing DB during installation. During uninstall, I
would like to rollback this action (remove / drop the table). I tried with
Nir's code, but it doesn't seem to be removing the table during uninstall.
The following is the code fragment for this (not the entire mark up). I
even tried setting the Sequence attribute, but no luck.

<Binary Id="binCreateTbl" SourceFile="CREATE_TABLE.sql" />

 <sql:SqlScript BinaryKey="binCreateTbl" Id="script_CreateTbl"
ExecuteOnInstall="yes" Sequence="2"/>
 <sql:SqlScript BinaryKey="binCreateTbl" Id="script_CreateTbl1"
RollbackOnUninstall="yes" Sequence="1" />

Regards,
Venkatesh