[wix-users] Related Bundles - Order of Execution

Todor Todorov todor at scientia.dk
Wed Feb 28 11:13:20 PST 2018

Thanks,

Since I am not an expert, I would like to verify that I get it correctly. In MSI_B we will have:
<Wix>
	<Product Id="*" UpgradeCode="{MSI_B_UPGRADE_ID}" Version="2.0.1" ... >
		<Upgrade Id="{MSI_B_UPGRADE_ID}">
			<UpgradeVersion Minimum="2.0.1" OnlyDetext="yes" Property="NEWVERSIONDETECTED" />
			<UpgradeVersion Minimum="0.0.0" Maximum="2.0.1" IncludeMinimum="yes" IncludeMaximum="no" Property="OLDVERSIONBEINGUPGRADED" />
		</Upgrade>
		<Upgrade Id="{MSI_A_UPGRADE_ID}">
			<UpgradeVersion Minimum="0.0.0" Maximum="99.99.99" IncludeMinimum="yes" IncludeMaximum="yes" IgnoreRemoveFailure="yes" />
		</Upgrade>
	</Product>
	<InstallExecuteSequence>
		<FindRelatedProducts Before="LaunchConditions" />
		<RemoveExistingProducts After="InstallValidate" />
		<Custom After="CostFinalize" />
		<Custom After="InstallFiles" />
	</InstallExecuteSequence>
</Wix>

Is the above enough? In other words, does having an <UpgradeVersion> element without any property etc. unintall the MSI in question? Also, how do I set maximum version to infinity?

Thanks!