[wix-users] WIX Project No Longer Loading In VS2012

Mike Fry emjayfry at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 03:54:02 PST 2018

Hi,

Just hit a problem. Using WIX 3.10.4 in VS 2012.

A project that I successfully built a few days ago will no longer load
in VS. I'm getting various messages along these lines for
'PropertyGroup, ProjectReference and ItemGroup" elements.

Warning    1    The element 'PropertyGroup' in namespace
'http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003' has invalid child
element 'OutputName' in namespace
'http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003'. List of possible
elements expected: 'Property, AllowUnsafeBlocks, AppConfigForCompiler,
ApplicationIcon, ApplicationRevision, ApplicationVersion,
AppDesignerFolder, AspNetConfiguration, AssemblyKeyContainerName,
AssemblyKeyProviderName, AssemblyName, AssemblyOriginatorKeyFile,
AssemblyOriginatorKeyFileType, AssemblyOriginatorKeyMode, AssemblyType,
AutorunEnabled, BaseAddress, BootstrapperComponentsLocation,
BootstrapperComponentsUrl, BootstrapperEnabled, CharacterSet,
CheckForOverflowUnderflow, CLRSupport, UseDebugLibraries, CodePage,
Configuration, ConfigurationName, ConfigurationOverrideFile,
CreateDesktopShortcut, CreateWebPageOnPublish,
CurrentSolutionConfigurationContents, DebugSecurityZoneURL,
DebugSymbols, DebugType, DefaultClientScript, DefaultHTMLPageLayout,
DefaultTargetSchema, DefineConstants, DefineDebug, DefineTrace,
DelaySign, DisableLangXtns, DisallowUrlActivation,
CodeAnalysisAdditionalOptions, CodeAnalysisApplyLogFileXsl,
CodeAnalysisConsoleXsl, CodeAnalysisCulture,
CodeAnalysisFailOnMissingRules, CodeAnalysisForceOutput, Co....
C:\Users\EmJay\Documents\Visual Studio
2012\Projects\WinFreeReg\SetupWinFreeReg\SetupWinFreeReg.wixproj 9
6    Miscellaneous Files

How do I fix this? Changing the schema doesn't seem to work.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry (Jhb)