[wix-users] Previous package not found (and therefore not uninstalled) during major upgrade

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Tue Feb 20 10:48:43 PST 2018

Well, if FindRelatedProduct is truly failing then it's a windows installer issue.  However I seriously don't think this is the issue.  Per https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa368600%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 I would compare the Upgrade table from an old "never broken" install and a newer "sometimes broken" installer.