[wix-users] Start windows service with some parameters only once

Russell Haley russ.haley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 08:40:23 PST 2018

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 7:52 AM, Christopher Painter via wix-users
<wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org> wrote:
> InstallUtil is an antipattern from a WiX / MSI perspective.  It's out of process self registration that is prone to failure.

I see the example service in the iswix tutorial.

https://github.com/iswix-llc/iswix-tutorials/tree/master/windows-service

I don't have time to look it up today so I'll be cheeky and ask what
WIX controls/properties are used? I can't tell from the picture in the
tutorial.

Russ