[wix-users] Property "ClientProcessId" is missing in nested uninstall

Roland Kieslinger rkieslinger at rzl.at
Tue Feb 20 00:07:08 PST 2018

Ok. Thank you guys.

I need to know, if my msi was getting started by a bootstrapper or standalone. If started from a bootstrapper, I need the process id of the bootstrapper to get the user token of this process so I can impersonate the user later (for accessing network shares and stuff). This is not recommended, I know and I simply can pass an argument from my bootstrapper to my msi rather than using "CLIENTPROCESSID" and "MSICLIENTUSESEXTERNALUI". Since a few months, I've never had a problem using these properties and I thought, it's an good idea to use these ones, rather than creating them again. Also I appreciated, that these properties were getting passed to the nested uninstall. Anyways. I'll stop using them and instead pass my own property to the msi.