[wix-users] Property "ClientProcessId" is missing in nested uninstall

Roland Kieslinger rkieslinger at rzl.at
Mon Feb 19 08:47:44 PST 2018

Hello!

I chained a msi in my custom burn bootstrapper. If I do a MajorUpgrade (Schedule="afterInstallExecute"), I always got the following arguments via command line in my old uninstalling msi:

Aktion gestartet um 16:08:46: RemoveExistingProducts.
Command Line: UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE={A1212C08-B8D4-4486-A5C4-474E5945F403} CLIENTPROCESSID=968 CLIENTUILEVEL=3 MSICLIENTUSESEXTERNALUI=1 REMOVE=ALL

Suddenly, since the last version I built, I don't get the properties "CLIENTPROCESSID" and "MSICLIENTUSESEXTERNALUI" anymore.

What could be the reason? I checked everything, I just added a few files to the msi, nothing else?!

Desperate me.