[wix-users] Start windows service with some parameters only once

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Mon Feb 19 07:52:00 PST 2018

There is no reasonable way that I can think of.   The best thing that comes to mind is you always pass the parameter but then have the service store state somewhere (like a registry value)  so that it can read that on the next start and choose to bypass whatever that parameter is supposed to be doing.

You'd have to define exactly when this parameter should be done again.   If I uninstall and reinstall would you want it to do that flow again?   You might want to use PackageCode and DateTime as part of your parameters so the service has enough information to decide whether it needs to run again when storing it's state and evaluating it.