[wix-users] PermissionEx - don't set permissions on subfolders - because it takes too long

Lars Fiedler lars at composableanalytics.com
Thu Feb 15 13:28:13 PST 2018

Thanks .  Is there a way to keep inheritance on the folder with Permission?

I tried
          <Permission User="[WIX_ACCOUNT_NETWORKSERVICE]" GenericAll="yes"/>
, but it looks like it disabled inheritance, so even Administrators couldn't look at the folder.  I needed to go in and change the owner just to edit the permissions via windows explorer.

I'm looking at :
http://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/xsd/wix/permission.html

I see Append, but it says it's an unexpected attribute when compiling.

Cheers
  Lars