[wix-users] PermissionEx - don't set permissions on subfolders - because it takes too long

Lars Fiedler lars at composableanalytics.com
Thu Feb 15 07:09:36 PST 2018

Hi,
  I have the following under a DirectoryRef/Component:

        <CreateFolder>
          <util:PermissionEx User="NT AUTHORITY\Network Service" GenericAll="yes"  />
        </CreateFolder>

I want to set the permissions just on the top folder, and not any of the subfolders.  The reason is there are 1000s of subfolders and files within the directory, and during upgrades, it takes too long.  How can I disable Wix from traversing the subfolders and applying the permissions?

Cheers,
  Lars