[wix-users] WiX Installer hangs intermittently while executing custom action

Russell Haley russ.haley at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 21:12:01 PST 2018

Sorry, hit the wrong button. Have you tried it with logging turned on?

msiexec /i "my-installer.msi" /L*V "my-installer.log"

This might give you some reference, or might not be helpful at all.
Perhaps some indication in your email about what the custom action is
doing would be helpful to suggest debugging? A couple thoughts come to
mind: A resource is in use and can't be removed, a UI element has been
created to ask for information from the user and no UI is available.

Has the CustomAction been independently debugged?

Russ