[wix-users] Need to determine list of installed Adobe Products and copy a file to a subdirectory within the installed products folder

Elizabeth Heraud Elizabeth.Heraud at inxintl.com
Fri Feb 9 14:46:16 PST 2018

I am a novice Wix user.  I have been asked to build an installer to do the following:

We have a proprietary file that we need to copy to all installations of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign.  It is not a plugin.
The target folder is a subfolder within the Adobe Product's installation folder.  Multiple versions of each Adobe Product can exist on a machine.  Each Adobe Product has a slightly different subfolder path that we need to copy our file to.

The installer would need to:

1.       obtain a list of all of the Adobe Products that are installed for: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and get the top level folder for the product.

2.       For each installed product found

Determine if the targetdir exist

Copy the file to the target folder

How would one go about this in Wix?

I have written a perl script that accomplishes the task.  My thought was to call the perl script as a custom action.

Any help or guidance is appreciated.