[wix-users] Detect Bundle Version by UpgradeCode

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 15:24:56 PST 2018

Does BAF stand for BAFunction? If so, yes I'm using BAF and not a custom BA.

I'm trying to detect a "random bundle".  They are related in the sense that
they represent different flavors of the same product that are not to be
installed at the same time. I'm trying to implement a launch condition that
blocks the install of the other "random bundle" is discovered and I'd like
the message to include the version for the currently installed bundle
because the bundle has the "correct" version while the MSI has a
bastardized version that fits in the first 3 version components.

I had just started writing something very similar to the function in
butil.cpp so thanks for the reference. I'll use butil.cpp instead!

--
Edwin G. Castro