[wix-users] Launch elevated process not working

Michael Tissington michael at oaklodge.com
Mon Feb 5 01:02:54 PST 2018

Yes, I thought the log snipit I included showed that.

This is a snipit of what is in the wxs file

    <BootstrapperApplicationRef
Id="WixStandardBootstrapperApplication.HyperlinkSidebarLicense">
      <Payload Name="bafunctions.dll" SourceFile="bafunctions.dll" />
      <bal:WixStandardBootstrapperApplication
        ShowVersion="yes" ShowFilesInUse="yes"
        LaunchTargetElevatedId="LaunchExe" LaunchTarget="ActiveWords.exe"
        SuppressOptionsUI="yes"
        ThemeFile="Theme\Theme.xml" LogoFile="logo.png"
        LogoSideFile="logoSide.png"
        LocalizationFile="Theme\Theme.wxl"
        LicenseUrl="https://www.activewords.com/licenseaggreement.html" />
    </BootstrapperApplicationRef>

    <ApprovedExeForElevation Id="LaunchExe"
Key="Software\$(var.ManufacturerName)\$(var.ProductName)" Value="Launch" />

The error code in the log file says CreateProcess needs to be elevated.

The installed msi is perMachine

    <Package Id="*" InstallerVersion="500" Compressed="yes"
InstallPrivileges="elevated" InstallScope="perMachine" />