[wix-users] Custom Action with elevated privilege

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 09:03:11 PST 2018

Have you verified the executable is actually getting launched?

I expect this executable to run with normal user permissions since you are
running this on ExitDialog after the install transaction has completed. Now
that you have changed the manifest for the executable to require elevation
I would expect Windows to show an UAC dialog requesting elevation or
requesting credentials for an administrative user. The executable's UI will
not show until after the dialog is dealt with.

I have noticed on some cases the UAC dialog is not display immediately but
rather I see it flash on my taskbar and I have to click it on the taskbar
to get the dialog. If you take too long the dialog goes away. Perhaps you
are experiencing something similar. I expect this is Windows behavior and
not something you'll be able to control too much.

--
Edwin G. Castro

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 7:15 PM Wenzheng Jia via wix-users <