[wix-users] Bundle - pipe broke by AntiVirus software #5658

Sean Hall r.sean.hall at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 18:42:06 PST 2018

I read this and your posts to the GitHub issue again and things are not
adding up. I'm not so sure that the BootstrapperCore.config is the problem
anymore.

The error in the log you gave was "Error 0x8007057f: Failed to load theme
controls." 0x8007057f is Cannot find window class
<http://errorco.de/win32/winerror-h/error_cannot_find_wnd_class/0x8007057f/>,
which shouldn't happen when you're using the builtin mbapreq BA
(ManagedBootstrapperApplicationHost) with its builtin theme.

On top of that, you mentioned that running your bundle that was built with
a custom build of WiX without any modifications successfully installed the
missing version of .NET but that running your bundle that was built with a
custom build of Wix with the modification given in the GitHub issue gives
the 0x8007057f error. However, the code modifications in the GitHub issue
haven't been executed at that point. There should be no difference between
the bundles until the user actually clicks the Install button.

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 1:35 PM David Gemel via wix-users <