[wix-users] Limitation of shortcut target length LGHT1076 ICE03

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Thu Aug 30 04:58:14 PDT 2018

If this is the warning I think it is, I've always ignored it.   I author merge modules and it's impose to author a shortcut in a merge module ( x.guid)   without getting this warning.

Never had a single installer failure in 10 years over this issue.

MSI is "loosely" a relational database and ICEs  while they do a good job  are far from perfect.