[wix-users] Stable (wrt. repair) conditional installation of component based on user selection at install time

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 17:20:45 PDT 2018

I might be wrong here but if you get the UI data in the InstallUISequence,
then that data in the form of a property will be used during CostFinalize
in the InstallExecuteSequence to determine if the component should be
installed or not. Is this not the behavior you're seeing?

You are correct, to make the selection sticky you'll want to use the
remember property pattern/idiom. I don't think you have another option
there. You can determine if you're doing a major upgrade or not and include
that into your conditions in InstallUISequence and InstallExecuteSequence.

--
Edwin G. Castro

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 4:57 PM Stephen Oberholtzer via wix-users <