[wix-users] Assimilate other applications

Helge Kruse Helge.Kruse at gmx.net
Mon Aug 20 01:02:27 PDT 2018

Am 14.08.2018 um 16:27 schrieb Walter Dexter via wix-users:
> Here's just the Upgrade snippets that I used to merge a Dell-specific MSI
> into my main branch MSI. I have all the "var" defined in a WXI file that I
> include so that I can make the changes easily and so version control shows
> easily that just version numbers changed.
This is very helpful. Basically it's the UpgradeTable to be filled here.
I've learned that the UpgradeCode doesn't define a linear chain of
products but a 1:n relationship. I didn't know the syntax for this and
how it's compatible with or shadowed by the MajorUpgrade element.

Robs statement "MajorUpgrade element has spoiled everyone." is somehow
true but without help for me.

But Walters explanation gave the insight: Add as many <Upgrade> nodes
into the <Product> to fill the UpdateTable as you need for each (old)
product to remove.

Thank you,
Helge