[wix-users] Default Web Site stopped after configuration through MSI

James Buchan James.Buchan at servelechsc.com
Fri Aug 17 02:33:00 PDT 2018

ApplicationPool?

James

-----Original Message-----
From: wix-users <wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org> On Behalf Of Ven H via wix-users
Sent: 16 August 2018 17:10
To: WiX Toolset Users Mailing List <wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org>
Cc: Ven H <venh.123 at gmail.com>
Subject: [wix-users] Default Web Site stopped after configuration through MSI

 I have an MSI through which I am configuring the Default Web site in IIS.
The markup looks like below.

<Component Id="cmpDefaultWebSite" Guid="4E02DA37-61AE-4648-97A2-3130E7FE50D8"
Directory="APP_DIR" KeyPath="yes">
        <iis:WebSite Id="DefaultWebSite" Description="Default Web Site"
ConfigureIfExists="yes" Directory="wwwroot" *AutoStart="yes"
StartOnInstall="yes"*>
          <iis:WebAddress Id="DefaultWebSiteAddr" Secure="yes" Port="80" />
        </iis:WebSite>
      </Component>

Even though, I have added the properties AutoStart and StartOnInstall, still the Default Web Site is in stopped state after the MSI installation.

Can anyone please help?