[wix-users] Issue with Default Web Site on uninstalling MSI

Ven H venh.123 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 08:57:08 PDT 2018

Thanks a lot for the details, Edwin. Unfortunately, I am not sure if they
would be OK with creating a different website. In my case, our application
will be installed on a dedicated server. So, what I am thinking is to store
the Physical Path (which is probably the main thing required) of the
Default Web Site in registry and read that during uninstall using a
deferred CA and create a Default Web Site and apply this path after
uninstall. Looks like that is my only option. I hope I will get the
registry values in my deferred CA using an immediate CA and pass over those
to the deferred CA after uninstall.

Regards,
Venkatesh