[wix-users] Assimilate other applications

Walter Dexter wfdexter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 07:27:26 PDT 2018

My MSIs are old enough (and the references I worked from old enough) that I
don't think I have MajorUpgrade in many of them - maybe not any.

I sent a copy of the WXS and an associated WXI to Helge directly. I want to
be helpful but they're also property of my employer...

Here's just the Upgrade snippets that I used to merge a Dell-specific MSI
into my main branch MSI. I have all the "var" defined in a WXI file that I
include so that I can make the changes easily and so version control shows
easily that just version numbers changed.

<Upgrade Id="$(var.UpgradeCode)">
<UpgradeVersion
IgnoreRemoveFailure="yes"
IncludeMinimum="yes"
IncludeMaximum="yes"
Minimum="$(var.MinVersion)"
Maximum="$(var.MaxVersion)"
MigrateFeatures="yes"
Property="UPGRADE_1"

</UpgradeVersion>
</Upgrade>
<Upgrade Id="$(var.DellUpgradeCode)">
<UpgradeVersion
IgnoreRemoveFailure="yes"
IncludeMinimum="yes"
IncludeMaximum="yes"
Minimum="$(var.DellMinVersion)"
Maximum="$(var.DellMaxVersion)"
MigrateFeatures="yes"
Property="UPGRADE_DELL"

</UpgradeVersion>
</Upgrade>

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 10:54 AM Edwin Castro via wix-users <