[wix-users] Patching: Purely wix

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Fri Aug 10 11:05:59 PDT 2018

I'm looking for some tips on purely wix patching, and/or any stories on integrating it into an automated build process.  I have had success in generating patches manually, but that was using msimsp.  From what I understand, saving the wixpdb's during my MSI build process will allow me to use the purely wix approach, however I am concerned about the paths stored in the file.  As I would be using a build server to generate them, and each run of the build uses a unique folder, my assumption is I am going to need to write an XSLT to transform the wixpdb in order for the paths to be valid for the specific run of the plan.

Thanks,
Jacob