[wix-users] Accessing VS command prompt only variable

Slide slide.o.mix at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 08:26:43 PDT 2018

You could use vswhere. It is always installed at the same location as of VS
15.2: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\vswhere.exe"

It allows you to interogate where components are located. You can look at
the component list here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/install/workload-component-id-vs-build-tools

I use it to build IronPython by doing something like this to get the path
to msbuild:

vswhere -latest -requires Microsoft.Component.MSBuild -property
installationPath

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018, 07:34 Edwin Castro via wix-users <