[wix-users] Pass variables from one custom action to another

Elena Aralla elena.aralla at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 07:37:00 PDT 2018

> Il giorno 03 ago 2018, alle ore 16:15, Edwin Castro <egcastr at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> Immediate mode actions have full access to MSI tables and properties. An immediate mode action could read a property, make modifications, and write the result in the same property or a new property. Immediate mode actions cannot change system state.

Hi,

I tried, with no success, to change a property in an Immediate Custom Action, and I tried to read the same property in another Custom Action, but it’s value didn’t change… so, for me, simply it doesn’t work.

The only way that worked was write in registry; probably I did some mistakes and I’m was not able to find a working example in official documentation nor searching on internet…

So, could you help me with some example?

Thank you,
Elena.