[wix-users] Pass variables from one custom action to another

Elena Aralla elena.aralla at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 02:41:56 PDT 2018

Hi,

I’m using the registry to exchange data between custom actions.

For example, I have a custom action that determines the directory where to install the program depending on my business rules.

this CA writes the resulting value in the registry  the custom action that installs the database (I’m using SQLCE) reads from the registry the directory and uses it to decide where to save the db.

It works!

Is there any drawback or a better way to do this?

Thank you,
Elena.