[wix-users] DLLs registered during installation

Brian E brianke at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 07:49:25 PDT 2018

If I include a DLL (from packages I get from NuGet or develop myself) in my
product, add it to the installer and place it in the C:\Programs Files
(x86)/MyProgram directory, do these DLLs get automatically registered in
the GAC or is there something I need to do in WiX to initiate the
registration?

In case it matters, all of these DLLs I include in the installer are
digitally signed using our company's digital signature.

Brian

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.  -
Albert Einstein