[wix-users] WixUIPrintEula is not triggering the printer selection dialog

Shintaro Takechi devst119 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 18:21:00 PDT 2018

Hi,

I have used WixUIPrintEula before and was able to see the printer selection
dialog using it.
However, when I started creating new installer, it seems like I am
forgetting something.

Major thing I have checked are following :
- Add Reference to WixUIExtension (I have used the same exact version for
the other installer so this reference should be working)
- I know that WixUIPrintEula is looking for <Control Id="LicenseText"> so I
have that in the implementation of the dialog.
- I doubted that the rtf file I have prepared is corrupted -> other project
is able to print it.

Following is my UI code
    <UI Id="InstallUISequence">
      <UIRef Id="WixUI_Common" />
      <Publish Dialog="LicDlg" Control="Print" Event="DoAction"
Value="WixUIPrintEula">1</Publish>
      <InstallUISequence>
        <Show Dialog="LicDlg" Before="ExecuteAction" />
      </InstallUISequence>
    </UI>

Following is my Control code
        <Control Id="LicenseText" Type="ScrollableText" X="130" Y="50"
Width="383" Height="285" Sunken="yes" TabSkip="no">
          <Text SourceFile="!(wix.WixUILicenseRtf=$(var.LicDoc))" />
        </Control>

Following is my preprocessor variable
LicDoc =$(MSBuildProjectDirectory)\license.rtf

Following is my WixVariable assignment
<WixVariable Id="WixUILicenseRtf" Value="license.rtf"/>

I feel I pretty much have done most of the checks properly.
Would anybody be able to spot why I may be failing to be able to run the
WixUIPrintEula custom action?

Thanks in advanced.