[wix-users] Launching my C# Forms on Custom Action

Shintaro Takechi devst119 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 23:49:12 PDT 2018

Hi,

After installation is complete, I would like to launch a
System.Windows.Forms based form which has different functionalities.
Launching of such dialog does not seem to work. Meaning I see that .Show
method getting called (by logging with session.Log), however nothing
appears on the screen (even on the background).

I came across following code using thread to launch the form but does not
seem to work.

http://windows-installer-xml-wix-toolset.687559.n2.nabble.com/OpenFileDialog-fails-in-Win7-td5538592.html#a5542494

Is there any way to display my own form? I know MessageBox.Show would work
but that is not what I am trying to do.

Thanks in advanced.